The T-5 parachute was standardized June 1941 and many of these first pattern chutes were heavily employed in all theaters of action. They saw extensive use in training, the early airborne operations in North Africa & Sicily, as well as the daylight drop of Operation Dragoon in Southern France. White T-5's remained standard throughout the war in the Pacific theater of operations such as Nadzab, Noemfoor, and Corrigador.
First pattern harnesses were equipped with cadmium plated hardware and 2,500 lb V-rings for reserve attachment. By 1943 white harnesses were manufactured with the larger 5,000 lb D-rings, but this was a short-lived as the camouflaged units were introduced in the 2nd quarter 1943. The simple snap hook with the locking pin was common on the earliest rigs, but by early 1942 had been replaced by the large sliding gate "humpback" fastener.
Our standard training T-5 parachute system is constructed with white (natural) webbing and cadmium plated hardware (unpainted). Optional V-rings or D-rings for reserve attachment, depending on the specified date of manufacture. The pack is built with original AC drab brown canvas and features either the 2nd or 3rd model static line hook (simple snap hook w/pin or "humpback").
Standard Price: $1141 (Email us to order)